That Shade When You Really And Truly Want To Want To Not Be Single.

Fifty Shades of Single 'Shade' Song of the Second [Click Link To Play]: "Oops I Did It Again, By Britney Spears"


I was thinking of putting that 'we bring it back again!' song by P-Square as the Fifty Shades of Single 'Shade' Song of the Second (the link right up below the title that best fits the mood atm). But nah. Too cheesy, right? 

Anyway. So this is my second blog post, in case you're wondering. And even if you're not wondering. My name is obviously still Jelani, and everything in the first post still applies. Apart from the fact that it's no longer Valentine's Day any more, thank God. Having said that, I had a good day actually. Ish.


After I posted, I got my hair into that bun I was on about, and I checked my phone, and surprisingly Adaze hadn't actually messaged me, or called, or pinged; since he called in the morning. So I got ready, because knowing Adaze for as long as I have, a surprise was coming. I just didn't know what.

Sha sha. I decided to go grocery shopping, while waiting. Val's Day or not, my fridge was empty, and I needed to stock up for the next week. So out I went to the store, and I bought nearly everything there, only for me to find rose petals waiting for me when  from the bus stop. Of course I wasn't sure they were for me, seeing as a lot of people in my city are in love, more so on Valentine's.

By the time I made my way to my house, and the petals were leading the way like some reverse Hansel and Gretel story, I began to suspect that overly romantic bae of mine. I had told him I was going grocery shopping. I already knew he would be planning something, but I figured it was just an evening thing. I was wrong.

So the petals soon turn to roses when I get onto the road my apartment is on, and then the roses actually split in the direction of the stairs and the elevator when I get into my building. I take the elevator, lugging my groceries, and the roses continue when I get off on the 2nd floor, all the way to my apartment door, where there are not one, or two, but FIVE bouquets.

I'm beginning to think Adaze must own an under-g flower shop. Anyway sha, I open my door, and I almost turn around and leave. It's not my house any more. Adaze has happened.
First of all, everywhere is red. My living room chairs are draped in red cloth, the light bulbs are somehow red, and there is literally like a sea of roses. 

I'm not even joking. And there is music playing, some jazzy thing, and right there in the middle is my dining table (or what it used to be known as) covered in some red stuff, with place settings, and candles, with all kinds of red decor... and Adaze. Sitting at the table. Smiling. In a tux. He really outdid himself. 
Obviously I play the part required of me, I drop the groceries and race to him, there is the wide eyed look on my face, and of course he gets a hug and a big long kiss, and he dances me around the living room, before I go to my room to change and find #GuessWhat an outfit on my bed, with roses in a heart pattern around it. Cute, ehn? A bit possessive, but hot, abi?

And all I'm thinking in all this, (biko don't be mad and bash your screen in), is that I shouldn't have given Adaze a key to my apartment when he asked last month. I should have known that Valentine's Day was around the corner and as such, he would try to pull a stunt like this. I could have picked a fight, but I didn't. Unfortunately I still love Adaze too much to pick a fight, especially after all his efforts for me.



But it just doesn't make sense! We're together, as we've been for five whole years, and I just feel so... static. I love him, yes, and I want to keep loving him, and being his girl, and all, but I also want to not be feeling like a new couple on Valentine's Day. I know all these know-it-all how to websites say keep the fire burning and all that rubbish, but I know we would have had a perfectly equally romantic day cuddled up watching Comedy Central.


Anyway. So we had the Italian; lasagne. It was amazing. We
also had a red wine toast to five Valentine's. Adaze really did look gorgeous, that I can't lie about. And I liked my dress actually. Gosh I never thought I would be the one quoting movie lines but it's not him, it's me. I don't deserve all this. Pele for having to put up with this. By the next post (yes, there will be one, I'm enjoying this way too much) there will be less whining, but February 14 is supposed to be just another day. For me anyway. Adaze knows that. My degree is a jealous lover. I have tons of work to do. Adaze knows that too. 

 Sha sha to the shizzle... #TestingCatchPhrases #StillASpazz #FiMiLe I'm still deciding what to do. So we finished our dinner, and then went and watched a play, after which Adaze was game for chess and canoodling, but I just wanted an early night. If not the church I've been trying to keep up with won't happen tomorrow, and people would think I'm hungover and pregnant from the shenanigans Adi and I got up to the night before. 


Yes, yes. My nickname for Adaze is Adi. I usually never call
him that, but when I do, it is cute, coming out of only my lips.  Yes I say so.  You should hear his heavily accented cousin trying to accomplish the same feat. Her voice is right up there with the frequency and pitch that only dogs hear. No jokes. So. I didn't play chess with Adi. So we chill for about an hour and a half #AsYouDo and he leaves. After midnight though.

He had a weird premonition that Friday the 13th's evil reign would continue until Sunday if we didn't spend the rest of Valentine's together. And I bought into it. Whatever makes him happy. I haven't been showing my indignation, and I actually kind of had a good time, even though I kept saying this is too much every two hours. But it was o! You should have seen. My apartment will never ever be the same. 

He went home, I got some sleep, and we went to church, and
I went home to study. The regular days are back again, thank Chineke. Anyway. Guess what. Now he wants to go away for a long weekend to Paris, maybe, since my Fridays don't have so many things going on after 2pm. He's been before (with his family o), but I haven't. He said we could even attend early seminars and lectures so we can leave on Thursday. As if it's that simple.


I'm sure you're wondering where all the money is coming from. I'm wondering too. His parents don't spoil him too much. They sort out the house, the car he never drives, and he always has great outfits. He has just enough, I guess. I mean Adi isn't poor, unfortunately. At least if he was some of these hyper romantic adventures wouldn't exist. He gets just enough pocket money, although he works during the holidays, and has some tech business thing I don't understand going on.

Alright, alright, I'll profile Adi Iredia for you. Like I said he's 20, and he's an Acturial Scientist in waiting, he's Edo, and obviously as you have now read, super romantic. He's got a junior sister, and a massive extended family, where he is the fourth oldest or something. And two parents, four grandparents, eight great grands, and two great greats. 

I guess when you have so many people, money is never an issue. Plus he is super stingy sha, when he needs to be I guess. Me I can't walk past food without considering whether I want it, obviously unless it smells preposterous. Adi on the other hand, blocks his senses soo well. He'll then be asking me if it's really worth it, and remind me of all the food that's at both his house and mine.

Speaking of his house, Adaze lives off campus, like me, but further away. He lives in this gorgeous and humongous house with 6 bedrooms, 4 and a half bathrooms, a garden, a driveway, everything. It is so beautiful. The only things wrong with it are the five other people. Anyway. Back to the matter #OpenAndClose #IHopeYouKnowTheSong



I haven't replied to Adaze's proposal (#Psych) to take a long weekend to maybe Paris. I don't know how well he's thought it out, and I obviously cannot go. Every second counts with my degree, and I am not where I want to be. And obviously, there are visas to think about. Nigerian passports aren't exactly Golden Willy Wonka tickets. I just need to find away to break it to him easy. Abi? Or should I go? Wait why am I even asking you? I have so much work!

Meanwhile, thank you for reading and commenting on the
first blog post! Daalį»„. Keep 'em coming, ehn. I better go. Wait oh, before you think I'm some ungrateful thing, I did say thank you, you know; to my man. I did. And I am grateful. I just really want to want to not be single, and I don't know when that cloud is going to lift. Sha sha. Don't be depressed. I hope y'all had epic Valentine's Days, and if not, pele. I'm not feeling glass half full right now, I have six assessments. Not even chess can sort me out now. 
Plus, Momma is calling. More on my own family next time. I literally have so much to say but I'm invoking the #HardestUniOnEarth card. I promise I'll be back sha. #Terminator I will write very soon, see even this one came very soon after the first one. I'm trying, abi?


Anyway, bye. #CatchPhraseTwo #InCaseYouWereWondering


1 comment:

Hey, leave a comment if you want and if I want I'll reply, or if someone wants they'll reply.